Monday, March 24, 2008

Catching up in Queenstown

Queenstown, New Zealand, 23 - 24 March

Back in Queenstown on Easter Sunday we checked into Bungy Backpackers (not as bad as it sounds)! The reason we were back in Queenstown was to meet up with Ciara, my buddy from Wyeth. I was really looking forward to seeing a familiar face & enjoying some girlie chat. We arranged to go for dinner as earlier that day we'd found out that in NZ on Easter Friday & Sunday you can't buy a drink in a bar unless you are ordering food. We went out for an Indian meal and enjoyed the craic. To Dave's delight, Ciara had brought him a bag of Barry's T-Bags (don't see the appeal myself, much prefer Tetleys) & to my delight a bag of Cadbury's Mini Eggs. What a star!

I don't know when I got the idea into my head but at some stage I decided that at some stage whilst in NZ I wanted to do a skydive. The thought of it petrified me but it was something I needed to get out of my system. Ciara was up for it too, the more the merrier. So the next day... Dave, Ciara & I donned our jumpsuits and readied ourselves to jump out of a plane at 12,000 & 15,000 feet. They were just about to take us up in the plane when the wind picked up and they cancelled all remaining jumps for the day. Boo hoo. It was a real disappointment for me because I had spent a long time building myself up to a point where I felt I could go through with it coupled with a sleepless night the night before.


That night we met up in the World Bar for tea-pot cocktails (top tip from Paddy) and were joined by Dierdre Conlon (a former Wyeth colleague) & her beau. Small world, huh? Ciara, Dave and I stopped off in the local Irish bar for one last beer before bidding each other a tearful farewell........

Tea for Two....




Ready, steady, doh......









No comments: